Improved notifications and design
Today we have an exciting update we’ve been working on for the last few weeks. We have greatly improved the notifications and the design
We have made huge improvements on the (push) notifications, here’s what we’ve done:
- The app icon’s badge number (red circle with white number on your phone’s homescreen) is now updated when you receive a push notification.
- The notifications in the notification tab are now grouped by day.
- Each notification item now has an unread and read status, they have a blue background as long as you don’t tap them or view the content any other way.
- Messageboard (chat) messages are grouped by day by messageboard. For example, if you receive 5 messages today on messageboard A, they will be grouped and the latest message will be show with a ‘+4 other messages’ notice.
- You can mark all your notifications as read by tapping on the eye button in the top right corner.
- The blue circle above the bell will remain there as long as you have unread items.
So if anything happened, look it up in the notifications tab so you don’t miss out.
We’ve added more design to the app, here are the most important ones:
- The dotoo and group detail pages now both have tabs just below the menu bar. You can now swipe between the screens as well instead of tapping.
- The group information now has it’s own page just like to dotoo information. This is no longer hidden behind some buttons.
Overal we’ve made minor design changes all throughout the app.
What do you think of our improved design?
What is next?
Up next is making the notifications available in Dutch, they are now only available in English. We’re also working on something nice for the categories, soon more!
- Improved notification system. Now all your notifications are grouped by date and can be found under the notifications tab.
- AM/PM time format is now supported besides the 24-hour format.
- You can now report dotoos and groups when you think they are inappropriate. Just press the ‘more’ button at the bottom of the info tab.
- A group detail page now has tabs below the navigation bar just like a dotoo detail page.
- Various bugfixes